WHAT IF you could use your bookkeeping and accounting skills, in a professional (but fun) environment, on a small and supportive team?
If that sounds like the role you’ve been searching for, Shuswap Bookkeeping Inc. could be the place for you!
Based in Salmon Arm, BC, Shuswap Bookkeeping Inc. provides bookkeeping and administrative services to a wide variety of small to medium sized businesses and nonprofit organizations in the Shuswap region.
We pride ourselves on making sure business owners have the tools to succeed – giving them great bookkeeping support and advice, growing their financial confidence, and above all, allowing them to focus on the real reason they went into business in the first place – their area of passion.
Thanks to that success, and the ongoing support of our amazing clients, we are looking to grow our team with a new part-time bookkeeper!
That’s where you come in.
You are an experienced full-cycle bookkeeper and a SAGE and Quickbooks wiz (desktop and/or online). You also have payroll experience and are always looking for new and efficient ways of doing things. A combination of education and experience will also be considered.
You work with precision and love the thrill of meeting a tight deadline – but you also value your family time. You find pride in serving a customer to the highest standards and love solving problems.
In fact, you love bookkeeping and accounting, but you also love interacting with real people. Whether it’s greeting a customer and helping them with something small or building a long-term relationship, a lonely job in the back room is not for you!
You’re confident in your bookkeeping skills and you long to know and do more – higher level bookkeeping work, deeper customer relationships, and more responsibility in the business. You are organized and can work in multiple company files with ease.
If that sounds like you, you’re exactly the person we’re dreaming to meet. Someone who can be a great bookkeeper now (and pitch in with some administrative and reception duties if needed), with the capacity and ambition to grow into a more complex and senior role over time. To grow alongside Shuswap Bookkeeping Inc.
Working @ Shuswap Bookkeeping Inc.
Shuswap Bookkeeping Inc. is a locally-owned business – and we love giving back to our community. Our team supports each other and we value team relationships.
One of the best benefits of working with us is the opportunity to learn and grow. In the bookkeeping and accounting world things are always changing, and so are we! Bookkeeping is a great foundation on which to learn and we take time to review work with you, to help you reach the highest standards, and to teach you new bookkeeping skills. We provide a collaborative environment, and look forward to learning from you too!
In addition, we work from a comfortable and professional office in the heart of downtown Salmon Arm. Ask me about the opportunity to work from home!
We are looking to hire one part-time bookkeeper, with the possibility of it leading into a full-time role if desired. Wages will be based on education and experience. Regular office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 to 4:00, but we offer job flexibility.
If this sounds like the role for you, here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’ve either worked in a small organization and love wearing many hats, or you know you’d excel in a varied role that includes bookkeeping and some office administration.
- You have experience in bookkeeping or full-cycle accounting, including AR/AP, reconciliations, government remittances, reporting and payroll.
- You have experience serving customers in a customer-facing role.
- You are proficient and up-to-date with SAGE and Quickbooks – desktop and online.
- You have excellent Microsoft Office and especially Microsoft Excel skills.
- A college/university degree/diploma in accounting/bookkeeping is an asset.
- Tax preparation knowledge or experience is an asset.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter with wage expectations to Jenna@ShuswapBookkeeping.ca. We will review resumes as they are received and call you if we want to schedule an interview.
Job Title: Bookkeeper/Administrative Support – Part-time
The position of Bookkeeper/Administrative Support is a position of trust and confidence in that the incumbent is responsible for maintaining financial records, and confidential information. The Bookkeeper/Administrative Support position provides general office and bookkeeping support to all departments and is the primary support/relief for accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. The incumbent must have computer (P.C.) experience and will work with such software as: SAGE, MS Word (word processing), Excel, and Quickbooks. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining an orderly filing system, ensuring rapid retrieval of documents.
Hours of Work: Two to three days per week, hours flexible. 14 to 21 hours per week. Could lead to full-time position if desired by applicant.
Reports to: Manager (Jenna Steward)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Filing, reception coverage and other administrative duties.
- General bookkeeping using SAGE and QuickBooks.
- Primary Bookkeeper for client organizations, as assigned.
- Clerical posting and data entry (A/P, A/R) for all client companies, as assigned.
- Process payroll – bi-weekly and monthly pay-run schedules, as assigned.
- Respond to internal & external inquiries regarding invoices.
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding status of payments.
- Completion of monthly reconciliations including bank & credit card reconciliations.
- File organizing and binder preparation for fiscal year end.
- Assist with yearend audit, as required.
- Relieving workloads whenever necessary.
- Delivery and errand running, as required.
- Duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- This position requires the ability to work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed accounting, planning, organizing, controlling and administrative skills.